Torre di Palme originates from the ancient Picena city of Palma, founded in the 6th century BC and later occupied by the Romans, like the rest of the region, in 268 BC. The capital of Ager Palmensis was a center of great strategic importance and famous throughout the empire for its wine. Precisely because of its port relief, the Romans established the Fermana colony, charging it with the control of trade in the area.
In the early Middle Ages Palmense continued to submit to Fermo, but was soon exhausted by pirate raids, which reduced Palma to a pile of rubble. In this way the inhabitants had to repair on the hill where there was a sighting tower (Turris Palmae), in the wake of the hermitan monks who first settled there in the 11th and 12th centuries. It was at Torre di Palme that on November 28, 1798 the French army rejected the invasion of the Department of Tronto (Roman Republic) by the most numerous, but poorly organized, Bourbon soldiers.
Autonomous municipality until 1877, Torre di Palme is one of the ten districts of the Marche city of Fermo. It is part of the 4 contrade foranee. The district represents the people of the sea and in fact in the historical re-enactments parade carrying a boat. It is the farthest district, but also the oldest in Fermo.
The most important architectural emergency of the village is the church of Sant'Agostino, which houses a precious polyptych by Vittore Crivelli. In the surrounding area, finally, the Cugnòlo wood is a marvelous example of Mediterranean vegetation. You can visit it with a ring trail of about 2 km that crosses it completely. There is also the Lovers' Cave, the scene of the story of the two young men, Antonio and Laurina, who in 1911 chose death in the nearby ditch of San Filippo.