a vast territory between the torrents Gravio and sexes that extends along the ridge with the Valle di Viù up to understand the pastures upstream of Borgone. A mountainous area composed of over 70 hamlets, some of which were at least up to the early '900 independent common. Between these Mocchie, now one of the villages most populous of Condove, with the parish church of San Saturnino (1778-1784) built on a project by Giacinto Morari (student of Bernardo Vittone), and a rich ethnographic museum that overlooks the square in front of the church with the statue dedicated to the women of the mountain. Characteristic is the bell tower which is inclined by the ancient church of San Rocco is placed at the entry of the country. The Chapel of San Grato Alla Rocca has a small frescoed cycle of the late sixteenth century, while that of San Bernardo al Lajetto retains a lively frescoed cycle dating back to 1436.
The oldest settlement of Condove, cited since the year 1001 in the diploma of Ottoniano, was the lordship of the Peyretti and Barali di Susa, had to lie in the flat area around the ancient church of San Rocco where rose the cemetery. During the restoration works, in the phase of the excavation of the ancient apse was found a piece of good jewelry, bronze and enamel, depicting the Crucifixion, now in the Museo Diocesano in Susa, and furthermore the polls have revealed a part of the fresco in the triumphal arch, considered by the experts as perhaps the oldest existing in the valley.
At the border with Caprie on a hill dominating the entrance to the valley between Mount Pirchiriano and the castle of the Conte Verde rises the castrum capriarum, which constituted the center of one of the castellanie abbaziali di San Giusto di Susa and was also the seat of the court and prison. The remains of a castle could be the testimony of a local defensive system ancient linked to the clash between Charlemagne, King of the Franks, and desire, King of the Lombards, which took place between the 771 and the 774 to Closed.
Agricultural and Commercial Center, Condove knew at the beginning of the twentieth century a industrial vocation as a result of the installation of the Officine Moncenisio that already in 1905 as "Anonymous Bauchiero" produced rolling stock. It also developed factories mechanical, textile and electrical and production changed over time and were built weapons over the railway material. Of the original settlement remained the office building with a facade in plaster and two condominiums facts build from Bauchiero to house workers and families.
The Modern Parish Church of San Pietro in Vincoli is the work of the architect Carlo Siffredi, while the decoration of the interior walls must be the painter Luciano Bartoli. The bell tower, the gift of the spouses Cosimo Bertacchi and Marina period, was built in 1929 on the model of the S. Giorgio in Venice, work of Corrado Meano.
Among the most important events it is pointed out, in the context of the "Gustovalsusa", the Fair of the Toma (first Sunday of October), the carnival of Lajetto with the traditional masks of Barbujre (late February) and the Valsusa Filmfest (April).