the first nucleus of the village of Arrone corresponds exactly to the Castle was built by a Roman nobleman who wore the same name, at the end of the IX century. The fief of the noble family of the Arroni came later to extend from Papigno to S. Pietro in Valle, from Miranda to Labbro from Piediluco to Melaci and Polino. The Arrone were linked to the Dukes of Spoleto, whose domination ended in 1198.
At the beginning of the thirteenth century the Arroni progressively lost lands, autonomy and prestige in favor of the new town of Spoleto, you assoggettarono in 1229. The men of Arrone, then, in 1315, riscattarono all the communal territory by the ancient lords and in 1347 it became in common. In 1542 the inhabitants you gave a statute and became leaders of the revolt of the low Valnerina against the feudal system of Spoleto (XVII-XVIII century). Arrone was sacked by the Lanzichenecchi in 1527 and by the French in 1799.
Of great interest is the castle of Arrone, the highest part of the town which preserves the medieval urban systems, with the walls and the picturesque alleyways. Certainly deserve a visit the Civic Tower, the Tower 'dhe Olivi', the fourteenth-century church of San Giovanni Battista with frescoes of the Umbrian school, the sixteenth-century collegiate church of Santa Maria and the former convent of San Francesco. In the nearby hamlet of Casteldilago are significant to the Church of San Nicola, with frescoes by Giovanni di Pietro, said 'The Spain', or a pupil of his, and the Sanctuary of the Madonna of the Round Rock.
The closeness of the country to the river Nera has allowed the occurrence of numerous manifestations attached to it which races of descent in canoe, watercrafts homebuilt etc., which are held throughout the summer. Not to be missed in Arrone even the festivities in honor of the Patron Saint Giovanni Battista (24 June) during which there is the "Sagra dell'acqua cotta" at the center of the canoistico and during the Christmas period, the representation of a living nativity scene at the ancient castle.