Castiglione Olona (Castiòn Castion or in dialect varesotto, classic handwriting) is a fifteenth-century village elongated in the green and wet from the river Olona and from a multitude of small streams. The country is rich in historic and artistic testimonies.
The chroniclers of the time recorded the longobard presence from which descents, around the year 1000, the noble family Castiglioni, possidente del Feudo castiglionese since at least 1028. In the context of the battles for control of the Seprio district, Castiglione Olona is found more times involved in games of political alliances with the powerful families who ran the local power parteggiando, then now for the Torriani now for the Visconti. Date back to this period the construction of the walls of the village that you retain only in the highest part of the hill where it was built in the XII century the fortress defense by the course of the river Olona for three quarters and by a massive bastion with drawbridge in the remaining part.
Certainly deserve a visit to the Church of Saints Stephen and Lawrence, also called the Collegiate Church, the MAP Plastics Museum and Court of chlorine and the Castle of Monteruzzo.