The current name of Monte Grimano Terme derives from Latin Mons Germanus, which in Latin means brother in fact, before the year one thousand, was more important than Monte rates, now fraction, and the castles were considered "brothers".
The historic center has an urbanistic plant by spiral shape, of origin typically medieval. Before the year one thousand it was one of the castles of Montefeltro given in feud by Ottone I to Ulderico of Carpegna in 962. In the middle of the centuries XIV Cardinal Albornz conquers him to the Church and in 1358 became one of five podesterie of Romandiola Montefeltro together with S.Leo, Macerata Feltria, Monte Cerignone and Pennabilli. In 1390 was ceded to the Montefeltro by Bonofacio IX. In 1446 the troops of Sigismondo Malatesta, Duke of Rimini, devastated the medieval palace. Of the original structure remains today the civic tower of the '400" which dominates the valley of Conca. Reconquered by the powerful family of Montefeltro and of Della Rovere, Montegrimano became part with the Duchy of Urbino, to the Papal State.
In the ancient square stands the Parish Church which preserves in its interior a canvas of the Venetian school of 1607 depicting a "Madonna delle Grazie".
Today Monte Grimano Terme is a welcoming tourist center, real door of Montefeltro for who comes from Catholic and Riccione. Rising from the Conca Valley rises up on the right, true bulwark in the middle ages and today a magnificent balcony suspended over the valley. A few kilometers later, always on the right is the turnoff for the small locality of Montetassi, with an ancient and romantic little church and some ruins of the old castle which dates back to before 1000. Inside, in a small courtyard of private property, there is still the one that was perhaps the old tank.
The whole area is characterized by ancient sources of mineral waters. Some documents attest the exploitation of these waters even in 1500. The sources of Monte Grimano were reinstated in 1900 and rearranged as spa, a few years ago. The village has a fully equipped hydrotherapy station equipped with alkaline water, salt-bromide-iodic waters and sulfurous that gush out from the nearby Mount S. Paul. The place is characterized by gardens, woods and paths.
At Monte Grimano Terme is also present the Astronomical Observatory Monte San Lorenzo, which is active in the field of research of supernovae, asteroids, astrometry and spectrometry at amateur level.