Loro Ciuffenna is located in the Upper Valdarno, on the right bank of the Arno River. The territory, situated at the edge of a prehistoric lacustrine basin in which ended in ancient times the torrent Ciuffenna, includes the Ciuffenna High Valley, a series of land gently sloping down toward the River Arno (concerned by the characteristics Valdarno cliffs) and a part of the projections of the Pratomagno massif. Situated along the ancient via connection between Arezzo and Fiesole, the area on which it stands today Loro Ciuffenna was formerly inhabited by the Etruscans. With the paving of ancient consular road Cassia vetus, the Etruscan settlements saw a flourish of commerce and cultural exchanges that favored urbanisation and social development. The oldest water mill still working in Tuscany, is still used on the occasion of the production of the chestnuts flour, typical product of the area. Presumably built around the year 1100, it was built on a cliff along the river Ciuffenna, with the advantage of being in the historical center of the village. Very impressive is the existence of a village called The Trap (850 meters above sea level). Delightful stone town situated on the Valdarno slope of Pratomagno, characterized by the stronghold of the "castle" which dominates the tiny inhabited area. The name has always aroused curiosity and seems to be attributed to this ancient castle in virtue of a legend, according to which some german and roman nobles lost in the mountains were saved by the shepherds and the autochthonous coalmen. These nobles found there a place suited to the defense by building a fortified stronghold, surrounded by walls of which are still visible today in the ruins of a tower.