the church of San Pietro Apostolo is situated on the Island of Giglio, in the village of Giglio Castello. The building, documented since the XV century, is at present in the guise seven-nineteenth century. Of particular interest is the "treasure" that originates from the private chapel of Pope Innocent XIII, who bequeathed it to his personal chaplain, Monsignor Olimpio Miliani, gigliese, which in turn in 1725 gave it to the church of San Pietro.
The most famous work is the crucifix of ivory, attributed to Giambologna, or anyway a nordic artist. We should also mention some reliquaries of the beginning of the Eighteenth Century: that of the veil of Our Lady, one with the relic of Saint Joseph, and the one with the relic of Pope Urbano; finally the part most venerable: the reliquary arm of San Mamiliano.