Borghi magazine ~ the discovery of the fantastic world of italian medieval villages

© 2017 - All Rights Reserved.
Questo sito utilizza cookie. Cliccando su o proseguendo nella navigazione o effettuando lo scroll della pagina o altro tipo di interazione col sito, acconsenti all'utilizzo dei cookie.

What to see

Church and Convent of San Francesco

Church and Convent of San Francesco

  • Via Vittorio Emanuele, 24, Pietrapertosa (PZ)
The conventual complex is organized around a cloister square with at the center a well flanked by columns smooth tapered, with modanate bases and capitals. From ambulatory, where visible part of cross vaults frescoed originally, a staircase assured access to the cells of the friars to the upper floor. The Church of San Francesco rises behind the western side of the convent, founded in 1474 by the will of Pope Sixtus IV.This consists of a single nave covered by wooden trusses, terminating in a presbytery with a square plan, marked by a large pointed triumphal arch and a ceiling to cruise. In the presbytery, located at a slightly higher level than the rest of the church, you face two scoreboards with stories drawn from the New Testament and from the life of Saint Francis, performed in the early sixteenth century, by a painter who is signing Ioannis Light de Ebulo.






Visit Pietrapertosa
What to see
"Going around Italian villages" is a pleasure. Try!