- Via Piana, 6-12, Ortignano Raggiolo (AR)
The church of San Michele was built in the ancient palace of the Counts Guidi, of which it preserves, buffered on facewalls, the ancient Gothic portal, decorated in the lunette by Florentine coat of arms of the Arte della Lana. In the first half of the XVIII century it was restored and erected a parish church. The inscription at the base of the bell tower documents the profound restoration of 1829. The facade is a salient in stone. Inside has three naves, punctuated by four square pillars imitation marble with cross vaults. There are preserved two valuable works fifteenth-century in stucco painting: the first is the Madonna and Child, attributed to the workshop of Donatello; the other is the Redeemer, attributed to the workshop of Andrea Ferrucci, narrow follower of Verrocchio.