- Via Castello, 44, Monzambano (MN)
Located inside the fortified village of Castellaro Lagusello, the parish church dedicated to San Nicola di Bari, was rebuilt on a previous temple of the Romanesque style in the years between 1741 and 1743. The facade is two orders, divided by four pilasters, Tuscan in low, ionic on top, crowned by frames that sustain the eardrum with acroteri, dominated the classical lines. The imprint of the classical structure is also reads within the church with a single nave, with the perimeter marked by tuscan pilasters carrying the frame, wherefrom the with a barrel vault. Along the nave four chapels, interspersed on the left side from the pulpit, Baroque forms that recall those of the cantoria placed on the entrance door, where is located the organ, and on the right side from the canvas of the Presentation of Mary at the temple, attributed to Agostino Ugolini, as the stations of the Via Crucis which crown the entire house. Entering on the left, immediately after the baptismal font of shapes of the xvith century, relic of the previous church, meets the chapel of the altar of the Madonna della Cintura, also known as the Madonna della Consolazione, with eighteenth-century canvas attributed to the workshop of Cignaroli, placed in a frame carved and gilded. The presbytery encloses the high altar rich in marbles and inlaid with at the center of the frontal the bas-relief depicting San Nicola. In the background the apsidal blade portraying the Madonna with Child and Saints, work of Odoardo Perini, active in the first half of the Eighteenth Century.