After a 2017 has seen the growth of 7 per cent travel for tourism on regional trains of Trenitalia, this partnership was born with the aim of enhancing the great heritage of history, art, culture, environment and traditions present in the small centers of Italy reachable with the means of a transport more ecological, convenient, safe and, thanks also to the arrival of new trains, increasingly comfortable.
Apart from the exchange of visibility on the channels of communication of the two realities, the agreement provides some joint initiatives of tourist promotion and territorial marketing. The destinations of the most beautiful villages of Italy will be promoted and on the screens of the self-service Rome Termini on the palimpsest video on board of regional trains: Trenitalia is designated Railway Official Carrier de I Borghi più belli d’Italia.
On 282 locality promoted by the Club 23 are easily accessible with the regional trains, for a total of 580 daily connections. Discover them immediately:
- Bard (AO) in Valle d'Aosta
- Mombaldone (AT), Orta San Giulio (NO) and Vogogna (VB) in Piedmont
- Chiusa, Egna and Vipiteno (BZ) in South Tyrol
- Montagnana (PD) in Veneto
- Venzone (UD) in Friuli Venezia GiuliaMoneglia (GE), Finalborgo (SV), Laigueglia (SV), Borgio Verezzi (SV) and Campo Ligure (GE) in Liguria
- Grottammare (AP) Marche
- Brisighella (RA) in Emilia Romagna
- Castiglione del Lago and Spello (PG) in Umbria
- Buonconvento (SI) in Tuscany
- Vietri sul Mare (SA) in Campania (Albori)
- Chianalea (RC) In Calabria
- Cefalù (PA) in Sicily
With a pleasant stroll up 1,5/2km you can reach directly from the station the historical centers or the main attractions of all these villages.
Let's go and discover the Italian villages by train! A special gift for all lovers of small excellence of our country and to develop increasingly sustainable tourism.