In Trentino, in the presence of the Dolomitic group of Latemar, between 2,000 and 2,200, there is one of the highest art parks in the world. It is located in Pampeago of Tesero, in Fiemme Valley, and it can be reached on foot or by the Agnello chairlift (open from 1 July to 10 September, 8.30-13 and 14.15-17.30). During the summer new art installations will be added to the 21 already present in its ring route. The guests of the RespirArt Day 2018, Saturday 28 July (beginning at 9.30) will be Duilio Forte, an Italian-Swedish artist and architect, Elio Vanzo, artist and director of the Contemporary Art Center of Cavalese, and Mariano Vasselai, Val di Fiemme artist and professor of plastic disciplines at the Liceo Artistico di Brera. This year will be the journalist and host of Tg2 Maria Concetta Mattei the godmother of RespirArt Day, the 10th RespirArt environmental art event, curated by Beatrice Calamari and Marco Nones.
Vedo e Non Vedo by L. Pessor
The artistic excursion
RespirArt Park is a constantly evolving green gallery. Artists from all over the world are inspired by the Dolomites landscape to create works in nature. Every summer, new installations are added, while the older ones continue to let themselves be shaped by atmospheric events or are dragged away by the snow. A 3 km loop path allows you to enjoy these works with calm, big breaths and slow steps. The RespirArt Day starts at 9.30 am from the Rifugio Agnello, then you walk alongside Maria Concetta Mattei and the artists who have created the environmental art installations.
RespirArt Day at Latemar Theater by Marco Nones
The Latemar theater season in the RespirArt Park
Five concerts, a traveling festival among the works of art and a theatrical show. Thursday concerts always start at 2.30 pm in the Latemar open-air theater, in front of Baita Caserina, among rhododendron and blueberry bushes. In case of bad weather they are moved to the tavern of the Sport Hotel in Pampeago, at 15.30. Here is the complete schedule of events not to be missed:
- Thursday 18/07, 2.30 pm - Eva Emingerova between jazz and swing, with George Gershwin Quartet;
- Saturday 28/07, from 9.30 to 12.30 - RespirArt Day. Traveling festival with the artists of the 10th edition;
- Thursday 09/08, 2.30 pm - Carlos Gardel Trio. Legends of the Dolomites in Trentino folk music;
- Thursday 16/08, 2.30 pm - Gianluca Campi. Concert of the Accordion World Champion Gianluca Campi;
- Thursday 30/08, 2.30 pm - Waldner Quartet. A flute, a violin, a viola and a cello;
- Saturday 01/09, 2.30 pm - Punta Emma. Theatrical show by Mario Vanzo, with Andrea Brunello and the choir Demò Ousc;
- Thursday 06/09, 2.30 pm - MioSwing International swing travel. The warmth of the Marche between italian songs.
Cover photo by predazzoblog.it